Job Posting End Date: 08/30
We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we’re one of the UK’s leading financial protection insurers; that means we sell Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance. You may not have heard of us before, so you probably don’t know that we’ve been around for over forty years and insure more people under our Income Protection products than Aviva, Legal and General, or Canada Life – companies you’re more likely to have heard of. We are working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice for working Britain.
Develop and enhance our current proposition to align with customer’s health and wellbeing objectives. Deliver successful market leading proposition that contributes to our corporate strategy, customer experience and drives growth. Support the Head of Proposition with the overall strategy and deliverables.
- In partnership with the Head of Proposition, implement the digital delivery of our proposition.
- Understand HR/Benefit manager challenge and how we support their strategies, in particular health and wellbeing.
- Act as proposition champion bringing clarity to Unum’s offering so it resonates with the needs of our target customers and easily understood by our staff.
- Produce high quality business cases to ExCo in relation to actions and initiatives needed to strengthen and evolve Unum's offering including costings.
- Liaise and build strong relationships with operational areas as well as customer solutions, marketing, business development, finance, legal and compliance to shape and support recommendations.
- Deliver to Growth Strategy Committee a half yearly detailed appraisal of the strengths and weaknesses of current offering and gap analysis.
- Participate on Proposition Development Forum.
- Work closely with Public Affairs and Chief Medical Officer (CMO) in understanding regulatory developments broadly and anticipates product implications to influence positive regulatory outcomes and industry practices.
- Represent Unum at relevant industry and client forums where appropriate i.e. Health at work agenda.
- Build and develop industry and client relationships (client and broker) working closely with the CMO.
- Ensure the continued protection of Unum’s information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Embed and contribute to the Conduct Risk Framework, wider Solvency II systems of governance principles, Treating Customers Fairly requirements and the Risk Management Framework as it applies to the role and divisional activities and drive improvements as required.
- Comply with Unum’s Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.
- Delivers Results
- Sets high goals for personal accomplishment and contribution to team/department goals; monitors progress and works diligently to meet/exceed goals.
- Develops Self and Others
- Develops strong business partnerships as a result of credibility, comprehensive understanding of the business, and openness to diverse ideas/experiences and strong leadership skills; viewed as a subject matter expert by others. Provides high level of technical/professional knowledge and mentoring; stays ahead of internal and external trends.
- Makes Effective Decisions
- Applies critical thinking to make good fact-based decisions after assessing potential business implications holistically; shows good judgment in options selected.
- Strong Business Acumen
- Applies broad business knowledge of internal/external trends and evolving customer needs to lead and drive change, provide highly credible advice/counsel, and identify potential business process/technology improvements that best achieve business goals.
- Strong Influencing Skills
- Uses appropriate influencing strategies and compromise to gain genuine agreement and achieve area and business goals.
- Values Driven
- Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organisation; operates with highest integrity/ethics.
- Training will be provided to ensure job holder gains and maintains skills and knowledge required to perform the job.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Graduate or equivalent standard of education
- Exhibits leadership skills, including the ability to effectively partner, problem solve, and influence others.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with a growth mindset and experience of working with large employers.
- Experience of designing and implementing customer initiatives.
- Strong data and analytical skills.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills both internally and externally.
- Understanding of effective absence management principles.
- Good understanding of health and wellbeing.
- Clear understanding of customer journey and customer needs.
- Results driven and ability to drive forward change
- High level of creativity and innovation
- Organised in planning and execution with strong project management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Unum its products and it’s people.
- A background and knowledge of the financial services and/or insurance industry.
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, we look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.