Job Posting End Date: 09/09
We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we’re one of the UK’s leading financial protection insurers; that means we sell Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance. You may not have heard of us before, so you probably don’t know that we’ve been around for over forty years and insure more people under our Income Protection products than Aviva, Legal and General, or Canada Life – companies you’re more likely to have heard of. We are working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice for working Britain.
- Facilitate the Risk Assessment and Control Attestation (RACA) processes, including:
- Ensuring that control owners have completed attestations to an appropriate standard and escalate issues as required.
- Conduct analysis of control performance and preparation of control attestation MI.
- Lead the production of information for Business Risk Assessments.
- Oversee timely completion of each stage of RACA processes.
- Assist with the production of risk reporting to the Risk Capital and Solvency Committee and Board Risk Committee.
- Lead the Risk Team contribution to the Quarterly Performance Report (QPR).
- Provide risk framework training (including risk events and RACA process training).
- Investigate significant Risk Events and escalate to relevant stakeholders in accordance with the Risk Event Reporting and Escalation Process.
- Facilitate collation of KRI and KPI data/metrics, conduct analysis and escalate to stakeholders or include in risk reporting as required.
- Ensure the documented control environment remains fit-for-purpose.
- Manage development of the Risk Information System.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships and expectations.
- Provision of technical expertise on risk matters to all areas of the business.
- Ensure the continued protection of Unum’s information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with Unum’s Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.
- Delivers Results
Sets high goals for personal accomplishment and contribution to team/area goals; monitors progress and works diligently to meet/exceed goals.
- Develops Self
Displays strong capacity and thirst for learning and developing broad business and leadership skills; openness to diverse ideas & experiences and has keen self-awareness re: strengths and areas of development.
- Makes Effective Decisions
Evaluates options by thinking both critically and holistically when considering relevant information and potential implications to both the team and company; chooses an effective option.
- Strong Business Acumen
Displays strong understanding of own department and good general understanding of overall business objectives, evolving customer needs and technological solutions; applies continuous improvement practices to enhance business processes and results.
- Strong Teamwork
Actively works collaboratively to help move the team toward the completion of team and business goals.
- Values Driven
Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization; operates with highest integrity/ethics.
- Specific training on Risk Management policies, processes and systems.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Risk Management preferred, including data analysis.
- Strong written and communication skills, including the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- System skills should include intermediate MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Detailed knowledge of the insurance industry preferred.
Minimum entry criteria:
- Demonstrable experience in Risk Management or insurance industry.
- Degree level education in relevant subject and/or vocationally qualified e.g. Institute of Risk Management Certificate.
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, we look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.