Job Posting End Date: 10/04
We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we’re one of the UK’s leading financial protection insurers; that means we sell Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance. You may not have heard of us before, so you probably don’t know that we’ve been around for over forty years and insure more people under our Income Protection products than Aviva, Legal and General, or Canada Life – companies you’re more likely to have heard of. We are working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice for working Britain.
To launch and present the Company’s benefit communication, education and enrolment proposition to generate new business development opportunities. The role will focus on introducing and placing employer supported voluntary benefit solutions. Achieve new business sales targets from new and existing customers as well as promote and aid retention of existing customers.
- Support the launch and success of proposition to select target markets within the UK by presenting approved value proposition in a manner that is relevant to client desires and needs to include showcasing the opportunity in appropriate forums to generate leads:
- Attending and presenting at HR forums, business networking events, and conferences
- Connecting with client decision makers
- Serving as a brand advocate at every opportunity
- Achieve assigned goals including weekly sales calls, close rates, activity and sales targets.
- Collaborate with colleagues, internally and in the field to achieve sales, risks and service targets.
- To keep up to date with market trends and to advise sales leadership of any developments by competitors.
- Appropriately act and respond to queries from existing or prospective customers.
- Facilitating on-boarding and implementation programmes for new customers.
- Be competent and up to date with the full suite of products and benefits offered.
- Ensures all reporting and systems are appropriately maintained, updated and submitted.
- Ensures the continued protection of Unum’s information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, we look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.